Brazilian Indigenous Leader Marcos Terrena delivers a Sacred Message to All Humanity at the “Lighting of the Sacred Fire Ceremony" at the Kari-Oca Indigenous Village to initiate Rio+20.
"Whether or not the nation states, multinational corporations and International Development Agencies that surround us are willing or able to participate at this time, our Indigenous Peoples and Allies are moving forward in rebuilding and reunifying the Americas through the Natural Laws that are inherent in our Indigenous World View and Legal Order. These Natural Laws are based on a ever-enduring, eternal, spiritual foundation.
1. We have ancient prophecies and a clear vision of a future of social justice and collective prosperity for the Americas that we manifesting that fully honors the
Natural Laws and Rights of Mother Earth!
2. We have a strong and unbreakable spiritual foundation that is empowering us to arise to our promised destiny, with greater, greater strength, courage and unity,after an intense spiritual wintertime. This long spiritual wintertime included the utmost human cruelty, violence, injustice, abuse, and physical and cultural genocide.
Despite these challenges,our Indigenous Peoples are re-awakening everywhere and reclaiming our cultural identities and healing our Sacred Relationships between ourselves, Mother Earth and all Humanity.
3. Together, with growing numbers of Allies, we have all the spiritual and material resources needed to co-create and rebuild our Families, Tribes and Nations stronger and more unified than ever before.
4. Our Indigenous Peoples of Mother Earth have the collective social and economic capital, coupled with vast natural resources, to bring our greatest dreams and visions to reality. This includes Protecting and Restoring our Beloved Mother as the Sacred Heritage of all Generations! These collective resources are empowering us to become a primary spiritual and economic force in the Americas and around Mother Earth.We are destined to play a greater and greater role as key global leaders in wisely mandating the ways Mother Earth's gifts and resources will or will not be developed! We will continue to insure that where the development of our natural resources is not sustainable,they will not be exploited! Our Sacred Places and our Beloved Mother Earth are not for sale for unsustainable, exploitation for any price!
5. We, the Indigenous Peoples of the Eagle of the North and our Allies have collective resources to support our Indigenous Relatives of the Condor and their Allies of the South in developing their collective resources, as they choose. The Condor of the South equally have collective resouces resources to share with the Eagle of the North. Our greatest strength that is yet to be fully realized is our spiritual and cultural unity.
6. Utilizing emerging digital communications and green technologies in harmony with our vast, social, economic, cultural and spiritual capacities, we are manifesting, as promised, a future with social, environmental and economic justice for all life!
7. The primary challenge that stands before Indigenous Peoples and the Human Family, in rebuilding the Americas,is disunity. This disunity has been directly caused by genocide and colonialism. This unresolved inter-generational trauma is in the process of being fully recognized, addressed and healed.
As we move courageously and wisely move forward we are rapidly reconnecting to our enduring and unbreakable spiritual and cultural foundation for healing, reconciliation and Unprecedented Unified Action for “Protecting and Restoring the Sacred " everywhere on Mother Earth.
With the realization of this spiritual and cultural foundation all that is needed for our ultimate victory will gracefully unfold at the right time and place, as foretold by our Ancient Ones!