In a few words, please tell us why you would like to join our community:
My name is Christal Nasebewa Davis. October 3rd, 2018, a smell I had noticed before leaving for Pow Wow...had gotten stronger. I noticed a puddle of water in the carpet under the bed my eldest son slept in when he came to care for me. Then one of the employees of my management company happened to be walking the grounds to show an apartment and came to apologize to me for how she treated me the day before. I walked the grounds with her to show her all of the mismanagement done by her employer and what we wanted fixed. I explained that I had gone to John Kennedy of Kennedy Real Estate Mgmt 3 years ago with a mold and flooding issue. As I took her behind the building to show a constant puddle of water from overwatering the grass, and that I believed it was the cause of the smell and water inside the apartment; my boyfriends mother ran out saying the living room was flooding. She called Mr. Kennedy who showed up with a Carpet Cleaning business. That evening all that was done was shoveling a small trench to pull the water away from the building, and the Carpet Cleaner pulled off the wet carpet matting and set up a dehumidifier. My spirit woke me at 2 am on October 4th and I felt a nudge in my Mama instinct to pull back a tiny bit of baseboard, and that is when I saw mold. I pulled a little more and then the whole strip. I noticed the bottom frame plate was black and wet, so I pulled softly on the drywall which was so saturated it just fell off. I did this until I had uncovered about a 2' x 2' area and saw black wet mold dripping down the insulation. I called Mr. Kennedy's emergency maintenance line which was ignored and I hung up after about 10 rings. I called and left a message about the issue on the main line. Mr. Kennedy never called me back. Instead he just sent the Carpet Cleaners out to steam clean and put the carpet back. I would not allow them until I explained I have 10 years construction experience and the depth and years I've been dealing with this issue. The owner of the Carpet-Tech Restoration Will, immediately called Mr. Kennedy and told him there was no waaaay he was comfortable just cleaning the carpet. He came to my home face to face to assess the situation and immediately had his men take out the molded drywall, insulation, and carpet padding. They treated the wood several times and left a de-ionizer for 3 days. I knew Will had my familys best interest in mind, however Mr.Kennedy refuses to give us a hotel (even after the fire dept came to check out why I got a slight electrocution on the wet carpet) or move us to a new unit. He said even though I paid rent this month, he would not pro-rate my rent until the end of the month and only after a mold test came back positve. He refused to call the Health Dept and told me I could not camp in a tent in front of the apartment I paid rent on, but was deemed unsafe by the Fire Dept. I told him I know my rights and if he wanted me to move he would have to place my family in a home, call the police or take me to court. So, now all of a sudden he's coming tomorrow with a "specialist" to test for mold, but still has left my family homeless. I am of direct descent of the Shawnee Prophet named Tenskwatawa , and the Great, Great, Great, Great, Great niece of the Shawnee Warchief Tecumseh. On the eve of my 44th birthday I was giving offering in the opening ceremony before the dance, and healed many as my Ancestors came through while standing in the center of the Muskogee Choctaw Tribal Seal. The seal had the year of my birth 1974, it was at dusk with 3 stars in the sky on the 8th day of Our People's Green Corn Festival and a Hebraic High Shabbat...also on the 8th day. Because I was on "moon-time" which is a delicate way of saying "menses"' traditionally I would not be allowed to dance, sing, or give offering, but was to remain hidden behind the trees. Set apart as a Levite. I was not taught by a human Shaman as in the old ways, but by my Ancestors and Grandmother Spirit Wat'chee. A great peace and knowing came to me which gave me the strength to endure what I am currently facing at my family's apartment.
You need to be a member of The Four Worlds International Institute to add comments!