The Guna First Nation declared their freedom from Panamanian Colonial rule on February 25, 1925. The Guna First Nation has continued to retain their language, culture, spirituality and autonomy since that time. The ancient Indigenous symbol on the Guna First Nation flag, sometimes called the "Circle of Life" or the "Whirling Logs", is found in Indigenous Nations across the Americas, including the Hopi and Yakima Nations in North America. The “Circle of Life” turns in the opposite direction of the Nazi Swastika.
Four Worlds International Institute’s Founder and CEO, Chief Phil Lane Jr., Ihanktonwan Dakota, Yankton Sioux Tribe and Chickasaw Nations, along with a Four Worlds Foundation Team, travelled to the Guna Community of Ustupu located in Guna Yala (San Blas Islands) in Panama this past February 22-26, 2014 to celebrate the 89th anniversary of the Kuna Nation’s revolution of Feb. 25, 1925. This annual celebration commemorates the prehistory and battles that Nele Kantule and other Guna leaders of the Revolution of 1925 fought against the Panamanian military that freed the Guna Yala territories from the oppressive, abusive and dictatorial rule of the Republic of Panama of that era.
For the first time in Guna history an Indigenous Spiritual Leader from outside Guna Yala was honored by the Community of Ustupu to lead the Annual March to celebrate the Anniversary of the February 25, 1925 Revolution, Hereditary Chief Phil Lane Jr. of the Ihanktonwan Dakota, Yankton Sioux Tribe and Chickasaw Nation. This action of honor and respect of the Kuna First Nation is another reflection of the unfolding of the fulfillment of the Prophecy of the Reunion of the Condor and Eagle.
The Guna First Nation revolution celebrations included theatrical representations of the events that led up to the Revolution, meetings with important Guna political and spiritual leaders and sacred ceremonies. Four Worlds International Institute’s, Chairperson, Hereditary Chief Phil Lane Jr. also participated in the inauguration of the new school year at the Ustupu and Mostaupus middle school.