1. Spiritually centered – actively in a relationship with the Creator.
2. Morally strong – lives a good moral life, suitable to stand as a role model to younger people, with particular attention to the issues of addictions, relationships and honesty regarding money.
3. Believes in the People’s capacity to heal and develop, and shows this belief in the way they work with the People.
4. Is engaged in his or her own healing journey and is dedicated to be a healthy person.
5. Has a good mind and clearly understands the process of healing and development and the issues the People are facing.
6. Has demonstrated devotion to the People’s healing and development by hard work and a good attitude over time.
7. Shows true respect for the Creator, Mother Earth, and all Human Beings. Strives not to show disrespect for anyone including women, men, youth, the less fortunate, other races, and does not practice any form or shape of prejudice.
8. Can work well with others in a circle.
9. Strives to work from a position of forgiveness, unity and harmony with all members of the Human Family!
Summarized from discussions by of the Four Worlds Elders Council.