Unanimously Approved By the Vote of More than 300 Indigenous Delegates from the South, Central and North America, Indigenous Summit of the Americas, March 10, 2015, Panama, City, Panama.
An Indigenous Call for Unprecedented, Unified Action for Protecting and Restoring the Sacred to All Members of the Human Family
The spiritual foundation of the Indigenous world-view based on the ancient understanding of the fundamental oneness and unity of all life. Therefore, all members of the Human Family are all part of the Sacred Circle of Life. Since all members of the Human Family are all part of the Sacred Circle of Life, we are all Indigenous Peoples of our Mother Earth. Therefore, every Human Being responsible for the well-being of one another and all living things upon our Mother Earth.
Whether or not the nation-states, multinational corporations or international development agencies that surround us are willing or able to participate with us at this time, our Indigenous Peoples and Allies are moving forward in rebuilding and reunifying the Americas and beyond! Our actions and vision, guided by the Natural Laws and Guiding Principles, inherent in our Indigenous World View and Legal Order, are based on an eternal, spiritually enduring foundation.
1. We have the ancient prophecies and the clear vision of a future of social justice and collective prosperity for the Americas and beyond that we are in the process of manifested. This new global civilization that is unfolding, as promised by the Ancient Ones and the Ancient of Days, fully honors the Natural Laws and Rights of Mother Earth and the Unity and Diversity of Human Family. This New Spiritual Springtime foretold by our Elders is now unfolding globally, as sure as the sun rises every morning.
2. We have a strong, enduring and unbreakable spiritual foundations of cultural values and guiding principles that have empowered us to survive and arise, with greater strength and wisdom than ever, after a great spiritual wintertime. Even though this long, spiritual winter filled, at times, with the utmost human cruelty, violence, injustice, abuse, and physical and cultural genocide we have never surrendered our inherent sovereignty!
Despite these challenges, throughout the Americas and around Mother Earth, our Indigenous Peoples are reawakening to their spiritual and cultural identities and are healing our Sacred Relationships between ourselves, Mother Earth and all members of the Human Family.
3. Together, with our other Indigenous Peoples and other Members of the Human Family, we have the cultural, spiritual, scientific, technological, social, environmental, economic and agricultural capacities and wisdom needed to co-create and rebuild our Families, Tribes and Nations stronger and more unified than ever before.
4. Our Indigenous Peoples of Mother Earth have the growing collective social and economic capital, coupled with vast natural resources, to bring our greatest dreams and visions to reality. With growing collective strength we are dedicated to protecting, preserving, and restoring our Beloved Mother as the sacred heritage of all generations, yet to come!
Furthermore, it is crystal clear that these collective resources are in the process of empowering us to become a primary spiritual and economic force, not only in the Americas but throughout Mother Earth.
We are now and are destined to play an ever-increasing role as global leaders in wisely mandating the sustainable and harmonious ways for developing Mother Earth's gifts, and resources! We will ensure that when the development of the natural resources of Mother Earth is not sustainable, no matter the profit, they will not be developed! Our Sacred Places and the Healthful Life of our Beloved Mother Earth are not for sale and exploitation for any price!
5) We, the Indigenous Peoples of the Eagle of the North (Canada and the U.S.) have the material resources to directly support our Indigenous Relatives of the Condor of the South (Latin America) in developing their collective resources, as they choose. The Condor of the South equally has critical resources to share with the Eagle of the North. Our greatest strength yet to be fully realized is our spiritual and cultural unity.
6) By utilizing emerging digital and green communications technologies, in harmony with our vast, collective social, economic, cultural and spiritual capacities, we are manifesting a future with social, environmental and economic justice for all members of the Human Family and our Beloved Mother Earth!
7) The primary challenge that stands before us as Indigenous Peoples and we as a Human Family, in rebuilding the Americas, and beyond, is disunity. This disunity has been directly caused by genocide and colonialism. This genocide and colonization has resulted in unresolved intergenerational trauma and internalized oppression that is the process of being fully recognized and addressed.
As we move courageously and wisely forward, in greater and greater love, compassion, justice and unity, we are reconnecting to our enduring and unbreakable spiritual and cultural foundation for healing, reconciliation and collective action for “Protecting and Restoring the Sacred" everywhere on Mother Earth.
With the realization of this spiritual and cultural foundation for prayerful, wise and unified action, all needed for our ultimate victory will gracefully and assuredly unfold at the right times and places, as foretold by our Ancient Ones.